First off, I want to thank the community for providing many patches and suggestions to improve the bridge.
I am also extremely happy to announce that the JBoss Portlet Bridge 2.0.0.BETA is now fully integrated with GateIn. All archetypes and examples run by default on GateIn. If you are still running on JBoss Portal, you must build the example apps or archetype based apps with the '-Pjbossportal' profile (i.e. mvn install -Pjbossportal).
New features with the new 2.0.0.BETA release are:
- Improved ajax processing (faster load times)
- PRP - Public render parameter processing in the bridge
- Seam exception handling in pages.xml
- better error handling for JSF and Richfaces portlets (this includes ViewExpiredException)
- Also fixed some bugs in archetypes to work fully with JBoss Tools (as seen in the video)
- PortalIdentity is now built in Seam component
- Script Renderer can be enabled by intit parameter in web.xml:
This video shows how to deploy a Seam portlet using JBoss Tools to the all new GateIn portal. I also show need-to-know tips for migrating from the 1.0 bridge to 2.0.